Friday, October 14, 2011

p2 Chili

As the weather begins to cool off, nothing's better than a nice, hot bowl of soup. As I was eating this the other night, towards the bottom of the bowl, I thought to crush up my melba like a saltine cracker. That was soo delish. And since this recipie only makes a single serving, and only uses 1/4 can of 2 different things, I keep my unused sauce & tomatoes in the fridge. It doesn't last long. This is one of my current faves. (And cannot WAIT to add beans and top with cheese in p3!)

p2 Chili

hCG portion of ground beef, chicken, turkey (whatever)
1/4 can Ro-tel Tomatoes (get mild if you're a wuss... it's kinda hot)
1/4 can Ro-tel tomato SAUCE (ditto on the mild thing.)
1c broth (any flavor)
cumin


  • Brown your ground beef, rinse and drain. (Get as much fat out as you can!)
  • Add liquid ingredients. This will look thin and runny, but you'll cook it down.
  • Bring to a boil and let it simmer down until it's almost thick and add cumin to taste. (I like a lot of cumin, so I won't give exact measurement... plus I'm kinda a dump it together girl so I don't know how much I use.)
  • After you add the cumin, don't cook too much longer or you won't taste it much.
  • Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment