Friday, August 26, 2011

Fair Food... 1 lb drop

Title says it all. No fair, huh?!?! So yes, we went to the fair yesterday. High of 96 (and if you're reading this from another part of the states, you may be thinking lucky me...) but I am NOT used to it this year and it was probably the hottest day yet, PLUS all the walking. I was a good girl bringing my water bottle and refilled the 2 of them between me and my 2 kids probably 4 or 5 times.And food wise I was pretty good until the elephant ear. Now, mind you I'm in p3, and the cheats I HAVE done this week I've lost, not gained, so I thought I'd just go easy on the treats, but that I'd probably be okay. So my sis and I shared an elephant ear (extra crispy) and between us, we ate probably 2/3 of it. It was good, but after, I felt kinda sickly. We'd been out in the heat since 9 am, and by then it was 3. Anyway. I took the 2 yr olds on 1 last ride. (The strawberry ride, a memory I surely won't forget. My son was laughing a precious little laugh I've never hearrd him laugh, and my neice was sooo dizzy her whole little body was wobbling like one of those punching bag toys that roll around when you hit them. Precious childhood. So Sweet!) After the ride we started the trek back to the bus to go back to the parking lot where our car was, and I started showing signs of heat sickness. Now, I was faithfully drinking water all day, but I was getting headaches, my chest was tight, my pulse was racing, nosebleed,  nauceous and sleepy. I was pretty scared for my health. Anyway. I got home fine and took a VERY long COOOLD shower. Still was out of it, but then, when I couldn't stay awake any longer and my head hurt so bad, I dozed off for 5 minutes till my hubby yanked the remote away. It jolted me awake and somehow... I was back! I just kept forcing myself to drink up, and I've been okay. Man! That.was.a.day! It was a great day, great memories with the kids, but I'm tellin ya what! I learned my lesson!!! I was pretty worried that the combo of the elephant ear and the possibility of retaining water from getting heat exhaustion would cause a gain. But no, either I'm the luckiest person alive or ??? I managed to escape the consequences of them both, and went down a lb!! I'm not gloating. It was pretty scary.

Going out this am to get cream to make Carol's cheesecake. Pretty excited about that! And still cannot wait for my coconut oil!!!! I'll post some pix when I make it! Hope all are having a great day! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment