Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm baaack! Doing good again!


So yesterday sucked, but I did a steak day and got it all worked out. I started off the day doing an apple day... ie I ate an apple for breakfast, before I decided to switch to steak day. I hoped that it wouldn't throw my steak day out the window, but it didn't and now I'm back to 207.4! I'm still heavier than I'd like to be, but I'll take it! At least it isn't over my 208!

Steak day... kinda like suspending a kid from school for skipping class.... is that REALLY a punishment?!?!? Nothing till dinner, then a giant ribeye?!?! MMMM. Celebrating my bday was tooo good. Even capping off the festivities with my steak! MMMM.

So the thing I learned, since this really has been about learning from my mistakes... too much bread and such is very bad. I'm much better off with corn and potatoes as my carbs. Gluten-free, more or less.

'Did my grocery shopping today and found what I think just might be the trick to white chocolate delight... SOY PROTEIN POWDER. I've made a couple small batches, and instead of proclaiming it to the universe, I will let it harden and give it a taste test BEFORE I post the recipie. Whey protein would probably be a good substitute, but where I went, there wasn't any, and I couldn't afford it today anyway
 (and what I found, I found in a bulk bin, so I didn't buy very much). It wasn't flavored, so vanilla whey protein would taste a little different, and I used agave. I sooo prefer agave to stevia. I just haven't gotten used to the stevia yet. Maybe I just haven't found the kind I like yet. Anyway. I'll post the recipie if it worked.

Hope y'all are having a blessed day! I'm constantly reminded of how grateful I am to have found this diet... until now, I just settled on believing that I'd be "fat" all my life. My sister has lost quite a bit of weight, on her own, and she told me I'd start going through some internal stuff as the weight comes off. And I am. I'm so shocked that I can now suck my tummy in and visualize me thin. I just had NEVER thought I'd EVER be that again, and it hurts to think about what that must mean to think that about myself. In my 12-step program, I have learned to "fit in," and not feel less than anyone else, but I had still felt depressed about my weight. Now that I don't feel "ugly" and "fat" since I'm on my way DOWN in that journey, I am feeling more empowered and not so ashamed and guilty for it! Those are SUCH ugly words to say. I'd resent anyone else for saying those things about me, but yet, I'd say it all the time! I know I'm not the only one in the world with such guilt and shame about the way I looked, and ate even MORE to stuff those feelings. That's the very cycle I'm trying to break free from! It really is a powerful addiction! This diet has REALLY helped, not only to lose weight, but it has helped me to become aware of everything I'm eating, and to retrain myself what to eat and what NOT to eat. Said I'd gone grocery shopping this morning. My cart was basically filled with FRESH foods, and I think only 3 things were packaged, and those were cereal & crackers for the kids and mac n cheese... which I don't want!!! AMAZED.

No comments:

Post a Comment